Spring cleaning is the perfect time to check products that keep your family safe and healthy.
Dr. Melissa Hessel, a pediatrician, recommends these safety checks to ensure a fun, healthy spring and summer:
- Car seats
- Pool and water equipment
- Sun safety
- Bike helmets
- Sports safety gear
Ask yourself these questions as you declutter:
- Can it safely be used another season?
- Does it need to be repaired, adjusted or replaced?
- Am I missing any important safety equipment?
Download the full checklist and keep reading for links to more Shine365 safety stories.
More safety information
These Shine365 stories provide more detailed information about safety checks listed in the chart:
- What type of car seat does your child need?
- Life jacket fitting guide
- Keep little eyes safe from the sun
- Bike helmet fitting guide
- Football helmet fitting guide
- Why do kids need safety gear for sports?
Visit the pediatrician
Besides checking health and safety products, make an appointment with your child’s pediatrician if you haven’t already.
Well-child visits become yearly at age three. Annual appointments are important even if kids aren’t sick. The pediatrician will check your child’s growth and development.
While you’re there, ask your child’s pediatrician any child safety questions you have.
Download the spring safety checklist (PDF)