After a busy day, who doesn’t like to come home to a nice, hot meal.
Enter the almighty slow cooker, a kitchen staple that makes it easy for you to have a homemade dinner ready for your family. Even better, this hearty chili slow cooker recipe is chock full of vegetables and beans.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 10.75-ounce cans low-sodium tomato puree
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Place turkey in a skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.
Place the turkey in a slow cooker and mix onion, celery, green bell pepper, garlic, tomato puree, kidney beans and cannellini beans. Season with chili powder, parsley, basil, oregano, black pepper and hot pepper sauce.
Cover and cook 8 hours on low.
Each serving contains about 201 calories; 4.5 g total fat; 31 g carbohydrate; 40 mg cholesterol; 8 g dietary fiber; 285 mg sodium.
Source: allrecipes.com[button-watermelon url=”https://shine365.marshfieldclinic.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/slow-cooker-chili-recipe-16473.pdf” target=”_self” position=”center”]DOWNLOAD & PRINT RECIPE[/button-watermelon]