You don’t need to give up delicious desserts during the holidays. This recipe for peppermint mousse is a great-tasting holiday treat you won’t have to feel guilty about, with less than 115 calories per serving.
Peppermint Mousse (serves 4)
- 1 small box sugar-free instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops red or green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup fat-free Cool Whip
1. In a bowl, mix pudding mix, milk, peppermint extract and food coloring (optional).
2. Whisk for 2 minutes. Refrigerate 5-10 minutes.
3. Add Cool Whip and mix for 2 additional minutes.
4. Spoon into parfait glasses. Garnish with crushed peppermint candies or holiday sprinkles, if desired.
Each serving contains about 114 calories; 4 g protein; 21 g carbohydrates; 0.22 g total fat; 0.14 g saturated fat; 2.5 mg cholesterol; 399 mg sodium ; 0g fiber. Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish.
(Recipe from Marshfield Clinic’s “Diabetes Advisor” Winter 2011-2012)[button-watermelon url=”https://shine365.marshfieldclinic.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/PeppermintMousse-Recipe-Download.pdf” target=”_blank” position=””]DOWNLOAD AND PRINT RECIPE[/button-watermelon]
Get even more ideas with these 9 tips for heart-healthy holiday cooking